Clancy Dubos calls the PSC 1 race between Forest Wright and Eric Skrmetta “the most interesting match-up on the local scene.” He also calls Eric Skrmetta, “the utilities’ go-to guy on the commission.”
Every single lying attack ad that Eric Skrmetta is running against Forest is paid for by the big monopoly utilities to support their “go-to guy.” Skrmetta takes a cut of every utility bill you pay each month to line his pockets so that he can work for them instead of for you.
- Skrmetta cost Entergy customers an average of $298 each with his failed Little Gypsy conversion project.
- He tried to broker a backroom deal for a utility under investigation for breaking the law after taking tens of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from them, prompting an investigation by Fox 8’s Lee Zurik and the Times Picayune’s Lauren McGaughy.
- He gave a $200,000+ contract extension to PSC consultants after depositing $20,000 in campaign contributions from them ON THE VERY SAME DAY.
- He tried to scuttle money saving energy efficiency programs for consumers.
- He tried to shake down the solar industry, prompting The Advocate’s Editorial Board to call for a State Inspector General investigation.
- He bullied and insulted a representative of the Louisiana Catholic Church.
- He opposes the rights of individual families to generate power to take care of themselves and believes those consumers should be regulated like for-profit utility companies.
Time and again, Eric Skrmetta has lined his pockets with utility funds paid for by Louisiana utility bill-payers and our families while siding against us at the same time.
We can change all of that if we elect Forest Wright. He’s worked on behalf of consumers for the last 9 years to lower bills and make sure consumers got a fair shake from their utility companies. He doesn’t take any money from the big monopoly utility companies and he never will because common sense says that’s a conflict of interest that hurts consumers.
Vote against corruption and vote Forest Wright for Public Service Commission!